* Field is required.
Name of animal(s) in which you are interested: *(Required)
Your Name *(Required)
Street Address *(Required)
State and ZipCode *(Required)
Telephone number where you can be reached (include area code) *(Required)
Email address *(Required)
Note: Telephone number and email address are for Snowflake to contact you regarding adoption and will not be shared.
Please leave this field empty.
1. What kind of companion animal do you wish to adopt? *(Required)
2. Please list a vet reference.
Veterinary Hospital name:
Veterinary Telephone number:
If you do not have a veterinary reference, please list a personal reference including telephone number:
Note: You are giving us permission to contact the reference listed above.
3. Will your pet's lifestyle be:*(Required)
OutdoorIndoor/OutdoorMostly IndoorIndoor Only
4. Why do you want to adopt a companion animal?
5. How long have you thought about getting a companion animal?
6. List all of the companion animals you have had as an adult (beginning with most current):
Name:Type of Pet?Spayed or Neutered?Vaccines Current?Indoor or Outdoor? Where is pet now?
List other pets if more space needed:
7. When and in what manner will your new pet be allowed outdoors? (Check all that apply *Required):
NeverOn a leashOn a deck or patioWhen I am at homeIn during day/ out at nightOn a screened porchWhen he/she wantsUnder my supervisionin a fenced yard
8. List all family members:
Other family members?
9. What steps would you take to protect both child and pet when children are in your household?
10. Do you plan to declaw your cat or kitten? Yes
If yes, please provide your reasons for this decision:
11. Do rent your home? Yes
If you rent:
Does the owner permit the number of pets you will have? Yes
May we contact your landlord? Yes
Please list apartment complex, landlord name and telephone number:
12. What would you do if your current or future rental or apartment did not allow pets?
13. Does your home/apartment have a balcony?Yes
If yes, on what floors?
14. Do you have a fenced yard?Yes
15. Are you:
Employed full timeStudentRetiredOther:
16. Do you plan to move within the next year?Yes
17. How long have you lived in this area?
18. Where will your new pet sleep?
19. If you have to move from your current residence, what provisions will you make for your pet?
Take with meDepends if pets are allowedGive to friend or relativePut pet in safe place for moveReturn to SnowflakeOther:
20. Do you have a pet door? Yes
21. How do you plan to discipline or train your pet?
22. Who will have primary responsibility for your pet's daily care?
23. Under what circumstances would you give up your pet? *(Required)
AllergiesMovingNew babyNew roommatesNew petBehavioral problemsMedical problemsBitingScratchingNot using litterboxToo time consumingMarital status changesSheddingChewingChildren lose interestNone of the aboveOther:
24. Well-cared for companion animals may live in excess of 15 years. Do your lifestyle, career and family plans allow you to make this kind of commitment? Yes
25. If your companion should develop special needs in the future, what level of care and attention is your household comfortable taking on? *(Required)
Daily pillingDaily eyedropsSpecial dietlitterbox problemsShynessHeart problemsDiabetes or other complex medical careNone
26. Your new pet will cost a minimum of $200 per year for veterinary care, food and expenses. This does not include the cost of any possible injuries or emergencies.
Who will assume financial responsibility for this animal?
Your companion may develop minor to major health problems throughout his/her life. What is a comfortable annual dollar amount for your household to spend on Vet bills?
$200$500$1000Whatever it takes
Note: Pet Health care insurance can be an option to make vet bills more predictable and affordable.
27. How did you find out about Snowflake Animal Rescue?
Classified adNewspaper articleFriend or relativeVeterinarianSnowflake websiteOther websiteFacebook or other social media
28. Special contact or other information you would like to add?
You must be 18 years or older to sign a legal document such as an adoption contract.
By submitting this adoption application, I certify that I am 18 years or older and can provide state or federally issued identification (such as a driver's license or passport) to verify my age.